Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Candle Craft

So what do you do with those old Plastic Christmas Candles?  Make them Beautiful and give them some Bling!

Super easy project.. Just need some Mod Podge, A brush, and some pretty sprinkles

You want to just paint the Mod Podge onto the candle (sorry no photos, my hands were messy) Then just get a shoe box and hold your candle over the box and shake away. That way you can save what does not stick. 

This was a light coat.. You can keep shaking till you cover the whole thing, or leave a littel showing through.  I used two differnet sprinkles (as my girls call it)  Silver and white.

Next I added vintage sheet music to two single ones and then sprinkled the bottoms.  Simply do the same thing.  Paint the candle with the Mod Podge and then cut the paper in to strips.  Wrap it around and then go over it again with the Mod Podge.  I also added a few sprinkles to the sheet music after I got it on there.  Ta-Da.. New life for a vintage old favorite..


I love how they turned out.. I will have some in my shop on Friday too.



And this is my favorite.. I just love this when it is all lite up at night.. Very pretty!

And of coarse.. my daily visitors..Deer.  Have a great day.  I will be back on Thursday with a new fast easy craft too.
Mechelle

No comments:

Post a Comment