Saturday, March 21, 2009

Cottage Kitchen

Don't you just LOVE kitchen? I love the cabinets and mostly the color! We are in the "thinking" stage of a kitchen update, or makeover.. whatever is the cheapest!


Again, as I am finding photos and putting them in my "design notebook" I am finding that the aqua cabinets, I am in love with.


OK, now in this kitchen I just want the space and the cabinets! Maybe I am closer at figuring out what I want more than I thought I was. Which is a good thing. I will keep you posted on what I find and what I am doing. I do have to admit that I am one of those who keep a design notebook.. In that I mean, all the things I rip out of magazines I keep in notebooks, or on my frig or on a design board in my studio. If you think you have no idea what you want or where to start with colors and style.. start doing that. It really does work. Before long you will see a style, color scheme and all things you love appear right before your eyes!

And oh, Here is one of the aprons I have been working on.. They are perfect for cooking, cleaning or gardening in. In other words, "they are not your grandma's aprons" tm. These will be available in my etsy shop next week.. so be sure to check for them there. I also make these in kid sizes as well. They have large pockets in the front and really funky and neat. I also make full size aprons as well!
Well that is all for the weekend.. This is my last weekend of free time before the crazy baseball, softball and soccer starts next weekend. So I am cleaning my house, organizing my sewing area and having a date night with my husband, NO KIDS! :)
Have a great weekend and see you on Monday.
Mechelle

3 comments:

  1. Your right, Mechelle, startint with a "design notebook" is an easy way to find your style, fvorite color, etc. Keep in mind to keep the things which stand out in your mind that you DON'T like too. It helps to keep you focused.

    Love you,

    Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my! Oh my!! I am a SUPREME sucker for aprons! I have collected them for years...this one is SO SWEET.
    I am trotting off to your etsy shop to see if it is listed yet!!!
    You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill, thanks for coming by and I too LOVE aprons :) My aprons will be in my store by Saturday night. I finally got my camera back. If you have a blog, send me the link, and I will add you to my blog roll. Thanks again for coming by. Happy Easter,
    Mechelle

    ReplyDelete