Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Citranella Candle Make Over Mod Podge

OK, so we have all seen just about anything and everything under the sun Mod Podged.. Well what about those ugly but really needed Citranella Candles?

I started with these, that I bought at Walmart for abuot $4.99 each.. I peeled off the sticker

Used the outdoor Mod Podge and some scraps ( of coarse)

And went to work.. I am so tired of these candles being ugle!  I want something pretty to keep the bugs away..

I used put a layer of Mod Podge on the candle first, then layed my fabric over that.. then put another coat of Mod Podge over the fabric to seal and protect it..

I Love how they turned out!

OK, so I had to decorate the lid too.. It was speaking to me.. :)  Now I have pretty candles to put on my table outside, when I can stand to be out there. I am making more to take to the shop too.. If you make some, send me the photos..

I also found this FAB picture at JoAnn's. I HAD To have this for my sewing room.. This pretty much sums up all that I love!.. OK, well not all, but you get the idea..
Happy Crafting today!
~Mechelle~

3 comments:

  1. You have such a cute blog! I am now following you! :) Thanks for stopping by mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful blog! I'm going to take a while and browse a bit later. Thanks for your comment re: Tara Frey's book, interesting update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute makeover - and so many other fun projects. I love it!

    ReplyDelete